A Message From Your County Clerk
My duties are many – including the titling and registration of motor vehicles, voter registration, conducting fair and open elections, issuing marriage licenses, and Notary Public bonds. This office is also responsible for the issuance of fishing and hunting licenses, collection of delinquent property taxes, as well as personal tax on motor vehicles. The Office records all Land records, Wills, Article of Incorporation, Veterans Discharges, Liens, and Lien Releases, and Miscellaneous Recordings.
I am very committed to providing you with the most efficient and effective service possible while maintaining public records. We are conveniently open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday. For those who can not make it during the week, we are open from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday.
I hope you find this information helpful and beneficial in understanding the duties of the Monroe County Clerk. If you have any questions, please feel free to phone me anytime at (270) 487-5471.
Monroe County Clerk
The Third Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky in 1850 established the position of the County Clerk. The County Clerk answers to the Kentucky Constitution, and all the Kentucky Revised Statutes and Administrative Regulations. Duties assigned to this position are varied and provide the link for the business world to operate while protecting their interests.
- The Kentucky Courts, lending institutions, governmental agencies, automobile dealers, real estate agents, and mineral leasing agencies use our offices.
- We operate the tax payer’s bank. Collection of taxes, not only for the Commonwealth and the County, also for all the taxing entities that provide invaluable services to our communities, are collected in our offices.
- The most vital role of the County Clerk’s office is to maintain the legal depository for all County records. Filing of deeds, mortgages, leases, list pendings, wills, notary commissions, and many more records that are beneficial to our society.
- County Clerks are responsible for all vehicle applications for titles and all boats, and we also handle the registrations for all the vehicles within Monroe County.
- We maintain a close relationship with the Executive branch of the State Government. As laws are passed, we must all work together to meet the needs of our constituents.
Facts About the County Clerk
The County Clerk performs 186 constitutional duties, such as:
- Filing of candidates
- Voter registration
- Candidate reports
- Delinquent taxes
- Marriage licenses
- Fiscal Court minutes
Monroe County Clerk
Hours of Business
Monday – Friday:
8:00AM – 4:00PM
8:00AM – 12:00PM
Monroe County Courthouse
200 N Main St., Suite D
Tompkinsville, KY 42167
Phone: (270) 487-5471
Fax: (270) 487-5976
Email: [email protected]